Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is to educate and empower our clients to achieve their financial goals through an in-depth financial planning process.
Our firm believes that a team approach to financial planning provides additional levels of service to our clients and is most effective when managing client portfolios. The practice is built on relationships, trust, and mutual respect with the ability to deliver a broad range of financial products and services to help clients achieve their financial goals. We believe that educating clients with an understanding behind the strategies being proposed for their investments and engaging clients in the planning process is an integral part of our financial planning methods.
Financial Planning Alternatives
Who We Are
Financial Planning Alternatives,
is an independent financial consulting service, and their advisors have the ability to deliver a broad range of financial services to help solve the needs of clients and help accomplish their goals.
With the experience, knowledge and objectivity necessary to help you evaluate your current financial position our professionals will guide you in developing goals keyed to your personal needs and dreams.
Our advisors will recommend the best possible tax strategy, investment management and insurance solutions, as well as take into consideration estate planning, retirement and education funding goals and family protection. We can implement the investment strategies you select, and work with other members of your financial team to coordinate all aspects of your financial plan.
Through our fact-finding process our advisors will review information such as tax returns, current investment portfolios, wills, contracts, and insurance policies to better understand how we can serve you. We will then discuss your personal financial goals, your risk tolerance and priorities to implement a plan to attain those goals.
During the initial phase of plan development, the “Discovery” process, our advisors work with you to determine your concerns, goals, needs and investment comfort level. We also review your resources and accomplishments to date. With this information, we will make appropriate recommendations on how to solve your needs and accomplish your goals.
We believe the most efficient way to achieve financial independence is to develop and implement a coordinated financial plan which encompasses all aspects of your financial life.
- What do I want for my family and or business now and in the future?
- Am I confident in my ability to save/have I saved enough?
- Will my money keep up with the cost of living?
- Am I investing in the most tax efficient manner?
- How much do I need in an emergency fund?
- How much risk am I willing to accept to achieve my investment goals?
Phone: (508) 636-6521
Fax: (508) 636 -6524
Phone: (508) 636-6521
Fax: (508) 636-6524
Financial Planning Alternatives
Join Our Firm
Financial Planning Alternatives is a growing wealth management consulting firm located in Westport, Massachusetts.
The Sales Assistant/Paraplanner Associate reports to the Owner of the Firm as well as the other Advisors in the office and is critical to appropriately leveraging the Advisors’ time. This position utilizes excellent customer service and problem-solving skills to confidently provide information to clients and advisors in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Candidate must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and a self-starter.
This role requires MA Insurance, FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 registrations; which must be obtained within one year of employment. The Sales Assistant/Paraplanner Associate position supports our advisory staff and senior advisors as they prepare for client meetings, as well as communicating directly with clients as needed. The ideal candidate is client-focused, highly dependable, analytical and a team player. He or she must be able to operate autonomously and be comfortable working in a small office setting, which often requires the individual to adapt to new responsibilities as the firm continues to grow and evolve. This position has a broad range of duties, providing the individual exposure to and opportunity to pursue multiple career paths within our firm.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service contact / client facing experience
- Perform general administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, filing, processing mail, scheduling meetings and other responsibilities that support the company
- Maintain information in the company CRM database, including, but not limited to, entering new contacts and/or companies, creating groups and/or running reports and creating workflow efficiencies
- Once appropriately licensed, assist lead Administrator in non-financial changes to client accounts
- Prepare advisors for client and prospect meetings on an ongoing basis. Gather and prepare for use all necessary presentation and sales materials, compile meeting agendas, performance reports and account applications
- Onboard new clients including the set-up of accounts, recurring money movements, online access, and the scheduling of the ongoing quarterly review cycle
- Proactively work to ensure all advisor client follow-up and associated tasks are completed; create workflow in CRM system to track all outstanding follow-up tasks to be reviewed regularly with each advisor
- Assist practice in transitioning to a cloud-based system
Skills Needed / Desired:
- Proven ability to meet deadlines as well as effectively identify and solve problems
- Strong time management, organizational skills; able to effectively prioritize/multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with advisors and team members
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and have a client-focused, helpful attitude
- Series 7, 66, Life and Health certifications or complete within 1st year
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience (graduates with solid financial internship experience considered)
- Proven strong client service skills
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Experience with Redtail CRM, Morningstar, eMoney a plus